Friday 19 December 2008

Northern Banjo Boy

Well I'm not really a boy, but 'man' sounded like I know what I'm talking about...

I started playing the banja in Jan 2008 and since then it's become something of an obsession, so alongside torturing the family and neighbours - as well as droning on and on to anyone who'll listen - I've found loads of stuff on the web and other places which I keep losing, so this is somewhere for me to keep track of all this stuff and to see how I'm doing compared to how I was.

Oh, the guy in the picture isn't me. I'm fatter and not so cool. This guy is a picker from the USA called Munsey Gaultney (me neither!) but if you want to see any more pictures of old people plucking a stick go to www.oldtimeherald.org

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! Will look forward to following your progress over forthcoming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay vsnagpal@uncc.edu17 October 2010 at 20:29

    That guy is my great-grandfather.... pretty cool that he's so well known...

    ReplyDelete