Sunday 25 September 2011

Murder Ballad









Murder ballad (mp3)










Murder Ballad - key of F

Intro F,Bb,F,C,F,Bb,C,Bb,F

C                                F
Lying in a shady grove staring at the sun,
C                                F
Lyin in a shady grove with my true chosen one,
C                                       F
Lyin in my true loves arms, sleep my dear she said,
Bb                         C                        Bb    F
Sleep tonight and dream the dreams of the dead

Lyin in my lovers arms I long to kiss her lips,
Lyin in my lovers arms her knife between my ribs,
Lyin in a shady grove staring at the night,
Sleep she said and feel the kiss that bites

Lyin in a shady grove my face turned form the sun,
Buried in a shallow grave for all the things I've done,
lyin in a shady grove I see her lips so red,
I'll sleep tonight, I'll sleep the sleep of the dead.

1 comment:

  1. What a cheery subject-I LOVE murder ballads!

    ReplyDelete