Wednesday 18 November 2009

Country Roads


This is turning into the month with no posts. I'm not sure what's happened, but despite having more time I've posted less and less!!

So here's two tunes, one on the Uke and one on the banjo - Country Roads and Whiskey in the Jar. I've been trying to mix up picking and struming to get me away from the bump-ditty pattern on the banjo. Both songs use a relative minor in the chord progression and learning the Denver song got me thinking about playing Whiskey in a different way.

Country Roads
(I always thought this John Denver song was big bit of honkin cheese, but It's got a great chord progression and I'm hooked)


Whiskey in the Jar (for the nth time)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the steve martin tunes (yeah the second one is cack) and hearing Whisky in the jar-o inspired me to get the old mandolino out. I think some of the tunes we're doing may benefit from a banjo-guitar-uke threesome rather than the duelling banjos/Iron Maiden twos-up, what do you think? Coincidentally,dont you think the poster for Dan Schmidt & Carrie Elkin would get into the Viz "up-the-arse-corner"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Chris helme/ J.T. Tilman are better for the "guilty feeling afterwards look" for up the arse corner.

    ReplyDelete