Monday 2 November 2009

Open Mike Night

A friend, Oliver, asked if I fancied going to an open mike night! and being a performing virgin I was a bit apprehensive, but Mark from Great North Strum was keen, so off we went into the wilds of North Yorkshire last night. It was an intimate affair with about twenty people in the pub and ten or so playing. It was a very welcoming place and just the spot to loose your performing-in-public cherry.

We played Cripple Creek which went about as well as my nervous fingers could be expected to play, but Foggy Mountain Breakdown did what it said on the tin... it broke down! At this point I decided I'd had enough and decamped to the snug with a pint, while Mark wowed em with his rendition of S Club 7 'Don't Stop Moving'!

We then ate the chips and left. I'd like to do it again but I think a lot of practice is required beforehand.

It wasn't quite a car crash but we certainly took the wing mirrors off!

No comments:

Post a Comment