Monday 4 October 2010

As I get Older Losing My Hair...

It was a banjo birthday recently, and this book arrived with love from Mrs Banjoboy and the banjo boys! The Beatles for Banjo
It's a peculiar book mostly because I can't think of any songs by the Beatles which feature the banjo, and after trying out Across the Universe and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds I can see why!

It's been handy though for playing in open G on the guitar, and those tricky chords sound much better on the six string.

I did quite like this one though. It's pedestrian and suits my age.

Can you tell what it is yet?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday NBB
    -just re-reading Hunter Davis's Beatles biography.
    -peculiar fact-whenever I'm ill with a high temperature I start singing Beatles songs-it's a diagnostic criterion in our house
    (Quote forom last november)
    "Mum!-Dad's ill again-he's singing those old fashioned songs!"
    "how do you know ?-he's always doing that.Feel his forehead"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cedric Down Under4 October 2010 at 23:43

    Well, Andy, if I were only 64, and you still needed me, I might be able to name that tune, but..................

    ReplyDelete