Monday 28 December 2009

Calling all Fiddlers

Stan writes:

Hey Andrew,

I'm not sure how I picked up on your blog. I too am a regular In the Dock attendee but the main purpose of this contact is something other. Recently I have teamed up playing guitar with a gentlemen banjo/mando player from the hill country near Stokesley and we're on the look out for another player to join our efforts, something like a fiddler, concertina or even whistle.
This sort of thing is new to us both, my friend has a history of playing for dancers, morris etc. whereas I've done mainly bass playing for blues and country bands. We're both of a certain age and are doing british and american folk tunes but not too sure for what purpose.
If you are acquainted with any players who may fit the bill above please refer them on to me. Someone has mentioned a players' night starting up in January at Bagby Airfield, maybe we'll go an long and see if we can find anyone interested.

Thanks for reading.

S

Thanks for dropping me a line. Fiddlers seem to be in short supply round here, wouldn't mind finding one myself! If anyone is interested contact Stan - stan.robinson@live.com

Good luck, maybe have a beer at the next In the Dock?

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment