Wednesday 14 July 2010

Busk Stop

There'll probably be a lull at Northern Banjo Boy for the next few weeks. I'm currently up to my eyes in the Deer Shed Festival, which is taking place in North Yorkshire on Sat 17th July. It should be a great day headlined by the Wedding Present, but featuring a great lineup including Groanbox, Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara, Danny and the Champions of the World, Young Knives, Black Diamond Bay, Serious Sam Barrett, and loads of others.

But I'll be waiting for the first performance on the Busk Stop Stage by The Alice Charmers, no need to say why...

Pray for sunshine and plenty of beer!

After that me, Mrs Banjo Boy and our two banjoleles are off on our hols.

1 comment:

  1. oh up to your eyes in Deer Shed(not Sh*t!)-good luck with the GIG-(capitals denote apprehension)-I've always found you practice not to get it right but to ensure you don't get it wrong and as soon as you step on stage skills levels drop but entertainment quota goes up!
    Just seen the Vid on GNS's site-them Dalton Boys(ever thought of robbin' banks?) sure are good pluckers.
    Good luck I'm sure it'll go great-if not it's been cool knowin' ye!!

    ReplyDelete