Saturday 14 August 2010

Hotel California


It seems like ages since I've posted any audio. While I was away I took my uke with me and I worked through some songs in a book of pop tunes. I find the uke easier to play with more modern stuff. Any way one of them was the Eagles song Hotel California, which has a nice chord change between Bm and F# which is very distinctive, and it was great to suddenly hear that tune coming out of the uke. Since I got back it's been all banjo though, and today I thought I'd have a go at it on banjo.

The F# and Bm change is tricky but with a bit of fiddling around it started to sound something like. If you want to know the chords they are verse Bm F# A E G D Em F# twice, chorus G D Em F# twice and repeat.

3 comments:

  1. Gonna give it a go myself later-thanx for the chords

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Andy. The holiday must have been good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, thats the tops man! Neat audio player too, what is that? just flash? i play the banjo too, love it.

    ReplyDelete