Saturday 26 September 2009

Cigar Box Uke Part 2

The neck is now on, but I did make a bit of a balls of it and the last fret has about 10 screw holes in it. Nothing a bit of wood filler won't cure.

I didn't quite get my measurements right for the placing of the neck too, so it's reassuringly off centre.

Cutting the sound hole was also a bit of a trauma, hence the attractive oval shape.
I did manage to glue the old bridge on though without too much trouble.
Next step is too see if I can get any sound out of it!
Gonna pick up a set of strings on Monday.
Oooh, nearly forgot - spoke to the mighty Stan Gee yesterday, and I'm also going to pick up my new Windsor Popular no2 as well. Can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Bring on the Windsor!!! the Cigar box Uke looks leike a Prop from the Beeb sci-fi depertment in the early eighties! Class. I can see Cybermen chilling on the porch playing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, how do I get to approve my comments on GNS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to dashboard/settings/comment moderation and you get several options. I've recently activated it as I got a couple of well dodgy comments.

    ReplyDelete