Thursday 8 October 2009

Back to the Drawing Board


Decided to rethink the cigar box uke as the first one was load of rubbish. Although I had managed to create a freakish frankenstein instrument from the dismembered limbs of deceased ukuleles, and get a rudimentary sound from it, I hadn't really 'made' my own. I'd just reconstituted an old one.

Gus from Gugug got in touch and said that he was only happy after he'd made his own neck, and that the instrument was better for it. He suggested I have a look at Cigarbox Nation as they have some plans I could use. Which I did.

So look out for version two. I've cut a length of 2x1" and I'll finish shaping it tomorrow. I've cut holes in the body of the cigar box, as the neck will run right through the body. It'll look a lot more crude(if that's possible) but It'll have 'integrity'.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment