Sunday 26 February 2012

Salty Dog Blues

Salty dog blues has become one of those tunes I love to play. It's become a practice tune which lets me work around the finger board. This version combines open chord forms with four finger chords and barre chords and I like to play it till I've had enough - or everyone else has.
The chords are a ragtime progression E7, A, D7, G. It's a Flatt & Scruggs standard but I like the more bluesy and ragtime versions by artists like Mississippi John Hurt.

Salty dog blues (mp3)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, this is fantastic! I'm learning frailing at the moment and would love to start learning this Do you have some kind of tab for this version? Has patrick costello released one of have you come up with it yourself? nicofu86@hotmail.com

    Thanks,

    Nico

    ReplyDelete