Thursday 23 February 2012

Instruments part 2

Blue Moon F-hole tenor Ukulele


Once I'd got the fundamentals of the banjo down I started to realise that the skills you learn on one instrument can transfer to others, especially if you combine that with a bit of basic music theory. Once you know why you do what you do with chords and scales etc it becomes easier to work out how you can do those things on others stringed instruments.

 I loved the pear shaped body and the slightly chunkier feel of this tenor ukulele and it means that you don't feel like a giant playing a kiddies instrument. It has a great sound and felt really easy to play. It's size means that it can be restrung as a baritone and its possible to tune it the same way as a banjo.

This became my holiday instrument and it went away with me lots of times.

Alas it too has also moved on.




No comments:

Post a Comment